- Perform service, start-up, and commissioning per manufacturers’ specifications for rooftop equipment, make-up air units, exhaust fans, energy recovery ventilators, chillers, boilers, exhaust fans, unit heaters, variable air volume terminals, zoning dampers, dampers, actuators, furnace, fan coils, heat pumps, and condensers.
- Skills to perform final low voltage wiring, controls wiring, control’s final tie in’s, and terminations.
- Good working knowledge of installing both soft copper and ACR copper refrigeration piping using proper nitrogen purge and brazing techniques.
- Demonstrate good diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to read and interpret HVAC equipment wiring diagrams and control schematics.
- Read, interpret, and carry out instructions as called for in blueprints, specifications, and sequence of operation instructions, product installation, engineering, and owner’s manuals.
- Ability to use and interpret diagnostic and service equipment including but not limited to volt/ohm meter, amp clamp, manometer, vacuum gauges, combustion analyzer, reclaim machine, nitrogen regulator, vacuum pump, vacuum gauge, digital thermometer, air hood, and pitot tube traverse.
- Good working knowledge of specialty systems such as building automation, variable refrigerant flow, variable speed drives, variable air volume, high velocity/high pressure, in floor heat, baseboard heat, snow melt, humidification, zoning, and zoning controls.
- Thorough and accurate completion of company or manufacturer’s start-up, commissioning, and service work order paperwork.
- Good work ethic and the desire to advance both professionally and personally.
- Ability to get along with and work well with people on all levels.
- Demonstrate a willingness to continue education through available company and industry training.
Experience and Education
- Minimum two years of commercial/industrial service experience.
- HVAC associates degree or the equivalent field experience.
- EPA refrigeration certification.
- Certification or proven skills in brazing techniques utilizing an oxygen/acetylene torch.
- Aflac and Legal/ID Shield
- 401K with employer match
- Commercial/Industrial service: 2 years
Job Type: Full-time